Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It was a good day

Dear Damien,
It was a good day today. I did not wake up in a shock as I have been doing these past few days. I did not have a nervous breakdown. I did not curl up in bed and skip work. I did not cry for more than 24 hours. It has been 4 days since he left with a promise that he'd be back soon. The bed seems so large and more empty than usual. I sleep on my couch with the tv on until my neck is paralysed in pain, then I find my way into the room, onto the bed, under the cold covers.

Mummy didn't call. No messages or calls from home. Neither did I call her. My bestfriend, May, had messaged, assuring me that everything will be alright soon. I hope she was nearer to me, physically.

The rumours of yet another transfer is hot around here at work. I am promoted so I stand a good chance. Am praying that I am not victimized and thrown to a god-forsaken place with only grass for company. Whoever you are up there, please listen.

All my collegues are bugging me to follow them for the 3D version of 'Avatar' which I have already seen. I want to watch it again with D. Hope he comes back soon. My friend, Zed, is hovering. His big eyes darting frequently onto my screen, squinting to see what is it that I am so feverishly writing to you. I'll write you soon, Damien... another letter....

Yours,
Isa

1 comment:

  1. hope he'll be back soon
    does he know u have this tiny little hobby ?

    ReplyDelete